Discover Israel’s rich history, heritage, and culture on this meaningful journey. Join Life Coach, Educator, and Israel enthusiast Dana Baruch, and Yoga Instructor/Therapist, Lynn Medow, on the adventure of a lifetime! Live and breathe the diversity of landscape, culture, cuisine, history, people, and spirituality of this unique land.
This journey will afford an extraordinary glimpse into a society of multi-ethnic communities, sacred spaces, natural beauty, biblical history, and delicious cuisine. From hiking to yoga, sharing a meal with a Druse family, camel-riding, floating in the Dead Sea, exploring the mystical city of Safed, and meditating under the stars, the diversity of experiences will reveal the complexity of this ancient and modern land.
Beginning each day with a spiritual practice whether, in cosmopolitan Tel Aviv, the rolling hills of the Galilee, or deep in the Negev desert, we will be expertly led by a wonderful English-speaking guide on a spacious, WI-FI equipped coach bus. We will make sure to provide ample opportunity and support each day, to integrate and assimilate our incredibly rich and diverse experiences.
Sisters, Dana Baruch and Lynn Medow, will creatively guide the group to experience Israel body, mind, and heart. Uniquely different from any other trip to Israel, this is an offering which can be enjoyed by first-time or seasoned visitors.
Every day will include a spiritual practice of some form of meditation and/or yoga.
Day 1 – Thursday, March 19th
- Arrive in Tel Aviv.
- Transfer from Ben Gurion Airport to Hotel (Leonardo Art or similar).
- We gather together for our first group meet & greet.
Day 2 – Friday, March 20th
- Check out from Hotel and drive north to the Galilee.
- We make our way north, enjoying the beautiful scenery and wildlife of the Nachsholim/Dor beach located at the southwestern edge of the Carmel Mountains.
- Arrive at Hotel (Kibbutz Amiad).
- Kabbalat Shabbat: We bring in Shabbat (the Jewish Sabbath) together in a sweet and spiritual ceremony.
- Return to Hotel in the Galilee.
Day 3 – Saturday, March 21st
- We start our day with a morning sojourn to the Banias Nature Reserve, home to an abundance of fascinating history and natural beauty, from the ruins of ancient cities to the roaring Banias Waterfall.
- We are in for a very special culinary experience—a hands-on cooking session + lunch at the pastoral Druze village of Majdal Shams.
- After lunch, we make our way up to the Mount Bental lookout for a breathtaking panoramic view of the Golan Heights and a geopolitical update and glimpse back to the past.
- Yoga at Mama Yurta or at Nimrod Artists Village.
- Return to Hotel (Kibbutz Amiad) in the Galilee.
Day 4 – Sunday, March 22nd
- Today, we journey south, but first we visit the ancient (and modern) city of Tzfat (Safed), one of Judaism’s 4 Holy Cities and the capital of Jewish mysticism (Kabbalah).
- Time permitting, we will visit a 2,000 years old synagogue at Hamat Tveria National Park.
- Our time in the north wouldn’t be complete without a relaxing visit to the Hamat Gader Hot Springs, located in the southern Golan Heights. The thermal waters of these hot springs are renowned for their therapeutic benefits.
- Dinner at Khan Eretz Hamirdafim—the perfect transition from our nature ensconced time in the northern part of the country to the hustle-bustle of Jerusalem.
- Drive up to Jerusalem, a city of stunning contrasts—ancient and modern, religious and secular, old and new.
- Arrive at Hotel (Hotel Montefiore / Harmony- A Boutique Hotel / or similar) in Jerusalem.
Day 5 – Monday March 23rd
- We step into the past as we begin to get to know Jerusalem, first established as Israel’s capital by King David in 1000 BCE, and now its largest city of more than 900,000 people.
- We tour the “Old City” of Jerusalem including the Temple Mount/Haram el Sharif, the Western Wall and the 4 quarters (Jewish, Muslim, Christian, and Armenian).
- Together, we tour and have lunch at Machane Yehuda Market—a delight for all of our senses!
- We then walk through picturesque Nachlaot, a fascinating neighborhood of contrasts—home to artists, musicians, and other creatives, peacefully coexisting with deeply traditional religious communities.
- The perfect way to end our very full day of touring is to see where we spent it—from atop the Armon Hanatziv Promenade. Yoga at sunset overlooking the Old City, anyone?!
- Enjoy a free night in Jerusalem.
- Return to Hotel (Hotel Montefiore / Harmony- A Boutique Hotel / or similar) in Jerusalem.
Day 6 – Tuesday March 24th
- We begin our day with an “bus tour” out of Jerusalem, as we begin our journey to the southern part of Israel, the Negev Desert. Our first stop is Ein Gedi National Park, where we will hike in a stunning unique desert oasis, including waterfalls and a natural pool.
- And then on to the not-to-be-missed experience, as we take a float in/on the Dead Sea—the lowest elevation point and deepest hyper-saline lake in the world.
- We finish our day together with dinner at Hotel.
- Night at Hotel (Ein Gedi Hotel).
Day 7 – Wednesday, March 25th
- Check out from Hotel.
- Our day begins at Masada, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and ancient fortress strategically located on a high plateau overlooking the Dead Sea. We ascend via cable car and explore this fascinating archaeological site, as we try to understand why it has become such an important symbol in Jewish history and contemporary Israel. We make our way down either by cable car or via the Snake Trail.
- Stop for lunch en-route to Ezuz.
- We arrive in Ezuz during the afternoon, and we visit Nitzana Hillocks – A moon-looking natural park that provides a perfect backdrop for an optional yoga session.
- We have the option to participate in a stargazing astronomy tour, taking advantage of the absence of light pollution and civilization in the most isolated community in Israel.
- Night at Khan Be’erotaim Ezuz.
Day 8 – Thursday, March 26th
- Time feels different in the desert. Today we explore/hike the gorgeous Ein Avdat (Avdat Springs) National Park, set within the Zin Valley, one of Israel’s most strikingly beautiful sites. We encounter spectacular views of the canyon, created by the powerful waters of Ein Avdat, forming one of the longest wadis (dry river beds) in the Negev.
- We end our day of hiking with a sunset camel ride in Ezuz!
- Night at Khan Be’erotaim Ezuz.
Day 9 – Friday, March 27th
- We have a relaxed morning before checking out and driving toward Tel Aviv.
- We have a very special experience in the Bedouin town of Lakiya, where we are treated to Bedouin hospitality and we learn about the Bedouin women’s weaving/embroidery collective.
- We return to where we began 9 days ago—Tel Aviv, dubbed the “Mediterranean Capital of Cool” by the New York Times!
- Enjoy lunch on your own, followed by a walk around the beautiful streets of Tel Aviv -Nachalat Binyanin and Neve Tzedek.
- Arrive at Hotel (Leonardo Art or similar).
- Another opportunity to participate in Kabbalat Shabbat.
Day 10 – Saturday, March 28th
- We begin our final day together with optional yoga on the beach, followed by free time in Tel Aviv to shop, wander, visit one of the many museums, or just hang out.
- We conclude our time together Concluding the trip at the Ancient Jaffa Hill during sunset, followed by an optional dinner at the Old Man and the Sea at the Jaffa port.
- Transfer to Ben Gurion Airport.
Tseitchem L’shalom—Safe journeys back home!
Dana Baruch is a certified life-coach, educator of 30+ years, organizational consultant, retreat leader, community builder, and owner of Dana Baruch Coaching & Consulting (www.danabaruch.com). She has had the pleasure of working with people in every stage of life from infants to seniors. One of her guiding beliefs is: SHIFT happens! She loves to help people and organizations set goals, get clear about their challenges, and feel motivated to make healthy and powerful changes. Dana is a student of mindfulness and weaves together these teachings and philosophies into her coaching and consulting work with individuals and groups. She’s a highly skilled facilitator and expert in human and group dynamics. Dana offers her work always with a sense of humor, compassion, and authenticity, creating a safe, warm, inviting environment.
Dana is also a community leader. She is the Founder of the Austin Jewish Academy, co-creator and educational consultant for JLead (Austin-based leadership development program), board member of Hebrew Free Loan of Austin, long-time board member past board Chair of Shalom Austin, founding board member of Challah for Hunger, and mentor to many.
Dana holds a Master of Education degree from Tufts University, BA in Psychology from the University of Michigan and is a certified life-coach from The Life Coach School. She has been married for 34 years and is the proud mom of two mostly launched young-adult sons.
Lynn Medow, E-RYT500, C-IAYT, YACEP is known as a compassionate teacher who supports individuals on their journeys to healing and wholeness. An experienced yoga instructor with additional certifications in yoga therapy, she weaves therapeutics into both her group classes and private sessions. Lynn is the owner of Yoga by Design, through which her pioneering approach to individualized teaching and therapeutics has earned her a reputation for being the “go-to” person when it comes to questions of healing. Former Director of Yoga Therapy at the Institute of Neuromuscular Medicine in Detroit, MI, Lynn is the founder of the Yoga by Design Foundation, which funds yoga, mindfulness & meditation for under-served populations in Michigan, has produced the DVD, Yoga for Graceful Aging and appears in the book, Like Stanzas in a Poem, Yoga at the Wall by Nancy McCoachan.
“Dana is a brilliant coach in all respects. She impresses and inspires me!” –Brooke
“It’s tough to succinctly express just how valuable having Dana as my life coach over the past year has been. Her incomparable skill at creating a safe, supportive, and enjoyable space within which to divulge and process the innermost details of my life continues to amaze me to this day. I sought Dana’s life coaching with the intention of processing more of my personal life together, but I soon found Dana helping me make holistic transformational shifts in all elements of my life, often professional in nature as well. I don’t know that I’ve ever benefitted from a 1-on-1 relationship with a teacher, coach, or mentor in this way, and I am forever indebted to Dana and her brilliant, sensitive, wonderful coaching style for permanently improving the way I think, behave, and live for the better.” — Arya
“I came to Dana in a period of life transitions, growing pains, and struggling to achieve a work-life balance. She has a unique ability to quickly get inside your head and heart and help you make sense of the grey matter. Dana is a breath of fresh air, radiating warmth, wisdom, and authentic positivity. I have noticed a profound improvement in all aspects of my life since working with Dana, most notably, in my mind management. It was a lightbulb moment when she guided me to the realization that we have complete control of our thoughts and how liberating that can be. I can hear her voice saying “life is a practice” and there’s no one else I’d want coaching me than Dana.”– Lindsay
“During the training, Lynn provided incredible insight on posture, alignment & functional movement while teaching the art of observation of our future students. The information also translated to my understanding of my movement patterns & how to build my poses efficiently from a firm foundation. Lynn’s experience of and passion for yoga makes her a wonderful teacher, providing concrete knowledge while sharing & honoring the ethics of the discipline.” — Catherine
“As someone who will soon complete my Teacher Training, I would highly recommend studying with Lynn Medow. She is professional, enthusiastic an, above all, knowledgable. Her teaching is clear and insightful, preparing us for the reality of teaching yoga. Her enthusiasm and love of sharing the beauty of the practice of yoga is infectious. I would highly recommend studying with Lynn.” –Laura
Please be sure to review Our Policies.
Paying your initial deposit of $350 will lock in your tuition rate and hold your space for the trip. A non-refundable $35 Payment Processing Fee will be added to the tuition rate upon registration.
For technical questions or alternative payment options, please contact us.
You will be booking your flights for the Ben Gurion Airport (TLV). Before booking tickets, please be sure you have received your official confirmation note that the retreat has met its minimums. There will be one group airport shuttle each way based on our flight window guidelines. Be sure your flights align with the provided flight windows if you wish to use the group shuttle.
Booking your Flight for the Best Price Possible!
True Nature Travels and STA Travel have partnered together to provide you the best airfare for your upcoming trip. STA Travel is a full-service travel agency which offers affordable, flexible fares and access to their exclusive airfare deposit program. Please use the following link to book or contact STA Travel directly: http://www.statravel.com/solutions/true-nature.htm.
We cannot emphasize more the importance of travel insurance. As we all know, especially as travelers, “life happens.” Whether it’s family, work, mother nature, or a change of heart, it is important to be prepared in case you need to unexpectedly change your travel plans. Often for less than $150, you can purchase a travel insurance policy and be protected in the event that you need to make a change or need to be covered financially prior to or during your trip. To purchase insurance with the True Nature discount, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you have questions about traveling abroad? After you register, we will provide you with a Participant’s Package with helpful information. Also be sure to check out our Participant FAQs. If you have other questions, feel free to write us at email@example.com and let us know how we can help!
Shared Accommodations – $4195.00 USD
Single Accommodations – $4895.00 USD
Paying your initial deposit of $350 will lock in your tuition rate and hold your space for the trip. A non-refundable $35 Payment Processing Fee will be added to the tuition rate upon registration. For technical questions or alternative payment options, please contact us.